Relocation programme is now closed

  1. You can contact the Greek Asylum Service via Skype during the specified days and hours (
  2. Then, an appointment date and place where you must present yourself for your full registration is arranged
  3. You must present yourself at the Regional Asylum Office on the given date in order to state that you wish to relocate to another European country.

The asylum applicant’s card is issued by the Regional Asylum Office (RAO) after the submission of the asylum application (full registration) regardless whether it concerns relocation or family reunion.

No, the asylum applicant’s card is valid until the expiry date as indicated on it. You must visit the Regional Asylum Office a few days before its expiration date in order to renew it.

No. However, you can state whether there is an EU country or countries with which you have social ties. For instance, you can state that you have relatives in a country you wish to relocate to and then submit any relevant documents of your relatives who reside in the country in question. This statement is not binding on the Greek Asylum Service.

The Greek Asylum Service determines the European country where you will relocate taking into account:

  1. the available positions of the countries during the time period your request is examined
  2. if you have relatives in a member state
  3. your language skills
  4. the vulnerability of the applicant

If any members of your extended family (for example your adult brother with his family) are also in Greece and

a)      they have already submitted an application for relocation before you did so or

b)      they wish to submit an application after you have done so

then, the one who submits the application for relocation last, may bring the case number of his/her relative’s application and ask to relocate to the same country.

The Greek Asylum Service does not ensure that you will be sent to the same country. However, if during the processing of your application there are available positions in the country where your relative will relocate to, it is possible that you will be sent to the same country.