In order to get married in Greece, a licence is required from the registrar in the Municipality in which you reside.
- ·Any formal document you may have (visa, residence permit, passport, identity card, asylum applicant’s card etc.) proving that you live permanently in the country.
- ·an extract of your birth certificate (translated and notarized)
- ·certificate of no impediment to marriage from the respective Consular Authority or another competent Authority of your Country (translated and notarized)
- ·in case you are divorced, you should submit a certificate of dissolution of marriage (translated and notarized)
- ·your marriage announcement, as published in a daily, local newspaper
- ·tax stamp fee or a duplicate receipt of EUR 15 from the Tax Office
For more information, please refer to the competent registry.
At the Municipality of your residence.
Yes it does until its expiration date.
If you are a recognized refugee you can submit a solemn declaration instead, stating that everything you claim is true.
If you are an asylum applicant you can request that the court issues a marriage licence.