Marriage ceremony

The civil wedding takes place at the town hall of your residence and is carried out by the Mayor.

  1. You need to agree with the Municipality the day and time of the ceremony
  2. You also need to ensure the presence of two persons chosen by you to sign as witnesses.

In order to have a Muslim wedding in Greece, both intending spouses must be Muslims and one of them should already have a Greek citizenship.

Amarriage license is required, issued by the Municipality of your residence.  You also need to contact the Mufti office to get information regarding any additional documents needed (for example birth certificate registration, certificate of family status). Mufti offices are located in the area of Thrace and specifically at Xanthi, Komotini and Didimoteicho cities.

In one of the Mufti offices available at Thrace (Xanthi, Komotini, Didimoteicho).